LawHelpNY is an online tool for helping low and moderate income New Yorkers solve their legal problems. Our mission is to: “Provide and promote access to, high-quality online information about free legal services throughout New York, about legal rights in many areas of civil law, such as housing, family, consumer law, and immigration, focusing particularly on help for people going to court without an attorney. We are committed to providing information that is user-friendly, in English, Spanish, and other languages, in order to help low-income and other vulnerable New Yorkers achieve equal access to justice.”
LawHelpNY is the only comprehensive source of legal referral information in the state and includes:
- More than 600 free legal service projects & organizations with their contact & intake information.
- Over 4,000 Know Your Rights and self-help resources covering 16 areas of law.
- Spanish mirror website and legal rights resources in more than 30 languages.
- LiveHelp online chat assistance with a trained operator who will direct you to the resources and referrals you need.
- Access via mobile phone–go to www.LawHelpNY from your cell phone for an easy to use interface.